Human Resource Manager - Human Resources
The Human Resources Manager is responsible to implement and administer policies related to all of SLMC's human resources activities and will assist the Director of HR and Support Services in the development and review of such policies. As a member of the SLMC Executive Team, they will operate in a representative role for all employees and in a consultative role to the Senior Leadership Team and Executive Team in all matters pertaining to Human Resources. The Human Resources Manager oversees Employee Relations issues, adhering to SLMC policies and procedures, as well as ensuring compliance with state and federal employee regulatory and legal requirements. The Human Resources Manager develops retention and incentive programs to improve employee satisfaction and minimize turnover. The Human Resources Manager administers the benefits programs for all employees and supervises other employees who have HR functions, assisting with coordination of employee training. In addition, the Human Resources Manager oversees and administers employee recruitment, screening, selection, and onboarding processes.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Human Resources Management or a related field.
• 3-5 years of Human Resources experience, including all functions HR.
• Supervisory experience
• Preferred: experience in systems with 150-200 employees; experience working in an organization that is in a rural environment; experience in a healthcare system.
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
1. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
2. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
3. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
4. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
5. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
6. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
7. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Implement and administer SLMC policies and procedures.
2. Provide consultation to Executive Team and Senior Leadership team on: employment laws, standards, and government regulations; best practices in employee supervision, management, and discipline; best practices concerning initial and ongoing training at the organizational level.
3. Respond to and assist in the resolution of employee relations issues.
4. Facilitate and/or coordinate training to the workforce on HR policies, performance management systems, employee incentive programs, etc.
5. Assist in the establishment of HR Department goals and the evaluation of reports, programs, decisions, and results of and toward these goals.
6. Maintain HRIS records and compile reports from the database.
7. Supervise other employees who have HR functions and ensure the processes of Worker's Compensation and employee education/training are being fully enacted.
8. Administer the benefits program of SLMC, including clear communication of the benefits and ensuring accounts payable requests for these benefits are accurate and timely.
9. Represent the interests of the employees at large and advocate for improvement and change in SLMC systems, policies, and procedures as necessary.
10. Develop and implement employee incentive and retention programs, including obtaining and tracking ongoing employee satisfaction data.
11. Oversee and administer employee recruitment, screening, and onboarding processes.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures and best practices governing Human Resources Management.
2. Ability to skillfully coordinate competing priorities, ensuring the completion of all required tasks.
3. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
4. Ability to develop strong working relationships with managers, earning their trust and confidence through consistent availability and practical consultation.
5. Ability to develop strong relationships with employees, advocating for their best interest while maintaining focus on the broad strategic priorities of the organization.
6. Ability to artfully navigate sensitive and difficult interpersonal issues with sensitivity, listening to and validating the internal experiences of others.
7. Budget creation, implementation, and adherence.
8. Ability to perform public relations and public speaking in a professional manner
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality
10. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
11. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
12. Ability to work with, lead and supervise others
13. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
14. Ability to handle stressful situations and respond appropriately
15. Ability to maintain a driver's license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary
16. Ability to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions
17. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments
18. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
19. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
20. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Shift : Day
Ref Code: 014
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101