CNA (LTC) - South Lincoln Nursing Center
It is essential provide direct resident care under the supervision of an RN or LPN. To perform or assist residents with ADLs. To provide assistance to families and visitors. To keep equipment, supplies, and resources clean and available for resident care. To assist in maintaining and upgrading quality resident care at SLNC.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Current, valid Wyoming CNA license. CPR/BLS certification.
• Lifting, moving residents, supplies, and equipment as directed/required
• Demonstrates good interpersonal and communication skills. Accurate and precise with writing and spelling skills. Computer experience preferred.
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
1. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
2. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
3. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
4. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
5. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
6. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
7. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Admit residents to a room, i.e. orient to equipment and room, assist resident to undress, etc.
2. Perform bed baths, tub baths, showers, and skin care, as well as HS skin care.
3. Take and record BP, temp, pulse, and respirations accurately.
4. Change linen on a bed with resident in it or out of it.
5. Perform light housekeeping chores so that resident rooms are clean and comfortable. Ensure residents have fresh water every shift as applicable.
6. Use equipment such as oxygen, radios, phones, and beepers appropriately. Utilize supplies and equipment in a cost-effective manner. Restock supplies as needed. Reports malfunctioning of defective equipment and supplies to supervisor.
7. Able to move residents by stretcher, wheelchair, and ambulation in a safe manner. Able to position residents with proper body alignment.
8. May NOT give medications
9. Able to correctly obtain and label specimens and take them to the lab.
10. Assist in code - CPR, scribe, move equipment, obtain equipment, etc. Know where the crash cart is and how to move it.
11. Accountable to the charge nurse and to know the proper chain of command.
12. Able to prioritize work and to maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work area.
13. Know where to find policy book and policies relating to job and read them.
14. Dress in appropriate and acceptable nursing attire.
15. Actively participates in nursing care plan. Consults with and keeps charge nurse informed of resident activities, needs, and problems. Is observant of any physical and mental status changes of residents and reports them to the charge nurse.
16. Follow established hospital policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety standards, environmental standards, and infection control practices.
17. Cooperate with other personnel to achieve objectives and maintain good employee and interdepartmental relations.
18. Attend regular meetings, in-services, and educational programs.
19. Perform some clerical duties, such as answering the telephone.
20. Perform other duties as required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures governing accounting, medical billing and financial recordkeeping.
2. Knowledge of general accounting principles and ability to produce, read and analyze financial reports
3. Knowledge of accounting and finance best practices and programs which enhance the financial success of the organization
4. Knowledge of financial/revenue cycle reporting and key performance indicators for measuring and benchmarking performance
5. Ability to operation various office equipment
6. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
7. Ability to perform public relations and public speaking in a professional manner
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality
9. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
10. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
11. Ability to work with, lead and supervise others
12. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
13. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
14. Ability to maintain a driver's license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary
15. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
16. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments
17. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
18. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
19. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Other
Nick England - HR Manager
South Lincoln Medical Center
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101
Phone: 307-877-4401 ext. 3198