Need a doctor?
When you are feeling "under the weather"...
We are concerned with restoring, promoting, and maintaining your health
One of our highly qualified physicians can help!
Click Here to fill out our official online application.
Revenue Cycle Specialist
A revenue cycle specialist is responsible for helping with the daily coordination of billing and collections processes and procedures. The position also requires communication with members of the public to help explain bills and insurance processes and statements.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Two-year healthcare revenue cycle experience or an Associate's Degree in finance. (preferred but not required)
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
1. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
2. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
3. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
4. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
5. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
6. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
7. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Ensure accuracy and submit claims with appropriate attachments to third party payers.
2. Correct/modify rejected claims.
3. Act as billing/financial resource to appropriate staff.
4. Post EOB payments to the correct account and date of service.
5. Work aging reports monthly.
6. Communicate service and/or payment problems to departments involved and follow through until satisfactorily resolved.
7. Respond to patients' questions or complaints regarding their accounts or the billing procedures.
8. Maintain required billing records and/or files.
9. Maintain strictest confidentiality.
10. Adhere to internal controls and policies established for the department.
11. Perform other tasks as required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures, medical billing and financial recordkeeping.
2. Knowledge of financial/revenue cycle reporting and key performance indicators for measuring and benchmarking performance
3. Ability to operation various office equipment
4. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
5. Ability to perform public relations in a professional manner
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality
7. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
8. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
9. Ability to work with others
10. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
11. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
12. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
13. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments
14. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
15. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
16. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Megan Neal - HR Manager
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101