Need a doctor?
When you are feeling "under the weather"...
We are concerned with restoring, promoting, and maintaining your health
One of our highly qualified physicians can help!
Click Here to fill out our official online application.
RN-Acute Care-(PRN) - South Lincoln Medical Center
The RN with the Acute Care department provides quality nursing care to assigned patients to ensure that the patients physical and psycho-social needs are met. The RN also ensures that the patients care is documented and that their families are well informed of the patients status.
-overnight accommodations available
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
Current, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wyoming
BLS, ACLS, and NRP certification required.
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
7. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
8. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
9. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
10. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
11. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
12. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
13. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Provides direction to para and non-professional personnel to perform their duties in accordance with their level of expertise.
2. Has major responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating quality patient care which is consistent with the established hospital and nursing service policies and procedures.
3. Is responsible for teaching patients and others. Also facilitates education of other health team members.
4. Responsible for initiating, developing, and coordinating a discharge plan with assigned patients in collaboration with the physician and other health care providers.
5. Coordinates the individual patient care regimen with other members of the health care team and works in a collegial relationship with physicians in carrying out their delegated medical and nursing care plans. Alternative or changes in medical regimen are discussed with the physicians based on nursing observations.
6. Responsible for maintaining the dignity and confidentiality of the patient and serves as a patient advocate at all times.
7. Is responsible for maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of nursing trends and new developments in the healthcare field in order to promote optimal standards of nursing care.
8. Utilizes effective human relation and communication skills in interfacing with hospital personnel, patients, and others.
9. Takes positive actions to resolve patient/family issues and promotes positive hospital-patient/family relationships.
10. Is responsible for making independent nursing decisions relating to patient care.
11. Is responsible to work in each nursing area of the hospital Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½ Med Surg, Long Term Care, OB, Nursery, Monitored, Beds, ER, CS, PACU, and surgery if asked to do so and after appropriate orientation.
12. Performs Charge Nurse duties appropriately when assigned (see attached)
13. Performs other duties as assigned
14. Accountable for quality patient care through completion and documentation of assessments, care planning, interventions, evaluations, patient teaching, discharge planning, and safe practices in compliance with hospital and nursing standards.
a. Assesses and documents assigned patients condition
b. Completes admission assessment and reviews patient history
c. Develops/updates patient care plans
d. Documents patient care
e. Initiates and updates patient discharge plan
f. Documents patient teachings
g. Performs patient care procedures and intervenes for patient safety
15. Provides for quality of nursing service by maintaining a safe patient environment through professional conduct and practices, compliance with policies and procedures, and participation in an ongoing review of QA processes and monitors.
a. Administers medications/IVs in a safe manner
b. Develops and supports a safe patient environment
c. Maintains training in the use of equipment for patient care
d. Reviews and properly processes orders
e. Performs appropriately in crisis situations
f. Participates in QA program
16. Accountable for cost-effective patient care through monitoring the use of personnel, time supplies, and equipment
a. Attends work in a punctual and dependable manner
b. Manages time and uses supplies based on patient needs and medical/nursing plans of care.
c. Assures that charges are accounted for and are recorded to the patient billing system.
17. Accountable for coordinating patient care activities with patient, colleagues, other hospital personnel, and physicians.
18. Accountable for maintaining patient confidentiality.
a. Communicates effectively with patients and others
b. Understands patient rights and complies with confidentiality policies
c. Functions competently under stress
d. Communicates and solves problems with coworkers, physicians, and other hospital employees.
e. Demonstrates appropriate problem-solving ability and support of hospital philosophy and policies.
19. Performs other duties as assigned
Position Type : Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Shift : Other
Megan Neal - HR Manager
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101