Part-Time Supply Clerk
The Supply Clerk is responsible for receiving deliveries, distributing facility supplies to appropriate departments, and stocking shelves. Ensure accurate data entry in computer systems to maintain inventory levels. Research various items to ensure the best pricing for all departments, as requested.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of computers and business machines is required
• Must be physically able to lift items weighing 50 pounds. The job entails extensive standing, stooping, bending and walking.
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
As a member of a hospital-wide organization, to support the mission of the hospital as follows: Our mission is to provide patients with the highest quality of healthcare within an atmosphere of genuine caring. Such care recognizes the importance of quality service to patients and co-workers.
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communication skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organizational skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
1. Display and encourage sensitivity to the needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
2. Treat others with consideration, courtesy, and respect.
3. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; share necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
4. Remain composed and takes action to restore calm in stressful situations.
5. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
6. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
7. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
8. Organizational Support Responsibilities: Attendance, punctuality, teamwork, and customer service.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Is responsible for aspects of Inventory management, including filling orders, restocking, outdated management, recalls, data entry, backorder management, periodic inventory verification, etc.
2. Fills orders from inventory to restock par levels for other departments.
3. Restocks shelves as needed.
4. Receives freight and delivers appropriately.
5. Assists other departments in the proper completion of purchasing documents and provides training as necessary.
6. Actively participates in all applicable Quality Program activities.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
8. Attendance: Purchasing hours are as follows:
9. 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – 3 days per week
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures, medical billing and financial recordkeeping.
2. Knowledge of financial/revenue cycle reporting and key performance indicators for measuring and benchmarking performance
3. Ability to operate various office equipment
4. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
5. Ability to perform public relations in a professional manner
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality
7. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
8. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
9. Ability to work with others
10. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
11. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
12. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
13. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLHD departments
14. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
15. Ability to use a computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
16. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Hospital District will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Position Type : Part Time
Shift : Day
Hourly Wage: $14.00 - $16.00 per/hour
Korinne Costello - HR Benefit & Education Coordinator