$2,000 Sign On Bonus! Full-Time Food Services Professional
$2,000.00 Sign On Bonus. Pay is based upon experience. Beginning wage is $13.00 per hour.
Perform a variety of tasks related to the upkeep and sanitation of the department and food preparation. Must understand the principles of quantity cookery and be able to do baking and basic food preparation. Responsible for total patient cooking on weekends. Examine diet orders received. Perform diversified duties in kitchen and on tray line, e.g. maintain diet records, check trays for accuracy, maintain established departmental policies and procedures. Assist in the care and maintenance of equipment and supplies. Perform cleaning duties as assigned. Attend in-service’s and other required meetings. Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
• High school education or equivalent.
• Experience in quantity cooking and knowledge in therapeutic diets helpful.
• Must be able to lift items weighing not more than 50 pounds.
• Have knowledge of weights and measures. Must be able to speak and read the English language.
• Be able to read recipes, etc., for preparation of meals. •
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
1. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
2. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
3. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
4. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
5. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
6. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
7. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Set up station for daily preps, organize work area before production begins by obtaining food items and necessary equipment.
2. Follow proper food storage procedures.
3. Check production sheets for amount for both patient and employee areas; produce only necessary amounts.
4. Rotate produce on a "first-in, first-out" basis. Maintain neat and orderly produce refrigerator.
5. Maintain sanitary conditions by thoroughly cleaning work areas and equipment and following proper sanitary procedures for food preparation including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
6. Always prepare items needed for the next day (i.e., gelatin items, marinated desserts, etc.).
7. Always available to work the tray line in position requested by supervisor.
8. Complete duties quietly and efficiently.
9. Volunteer help in other areas of the kitchen when necessary.
10. Respond to changes in the workload schedule as necessary.
11. Use time in a productive manner, stock shelves, clean, organize, etc.
12. Always check menu for pre-preparations needed. Check "prep list" and perform duties as listed: vegetable prep, meat breading, etc.
13. Complete all assignments thoroughly to ensure the continuity of high standards of food preparation and service.
14. Complete all procedures scheduled during shift without interference to the quality of work: pots, produce, and clean up.
15. Other duties as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures governing accounting, medical billing and financial recordkeeping.
2. Knowledge of general accounting principles and ability to produce, read and analyze financial reports
3. Knowledge of accounting and finance best practices and programs which enhance the financial success of the organization
4. Knowledge of financial/revenue cycle reporting and key performance indicators for measuring and benchmarking performance
5. Ability to operation various office equipment
6. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
7. Ability to perform public relations and public speaking in a professional manner
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality
9. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
10. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
11. Ability to work with, lead and supervise others
12. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
13. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
14. Ability to maintain a driver’s license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary
15. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
16. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments
17. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
18. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
19. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.) 20.
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Position Type : Full Time
Stephanie Raver - HR Business Partner
Kemmerer, WY 83101