Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Please complete all fields.
Click Here to fill out our official online application.
The PRN Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is a staff position of SLEMS, responsible for providing care for patients at the appropriate level of care allowed by their respected scope of practice. The PRN EMT position will be expected to maintain their state licensure, and all other certificates and licensure required for EMT license. The EMT will be expected to maintain skills and medication knowledge by attending trainings, both in-house and other. The EMT position will be required to respond to 911 activations and patient transfers when scheduled as On-Shift.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
• Licensed as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is required
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
1. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
2. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
3. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
4. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
5. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
6. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
7. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Provides care and support to patients at appropriate level of care by their respected scope of practice
2. Directly assists with patient access and patient care as a working member of the EMS team.
3. Responds to 911 activations and patient transfers while scheduled as On-Shift
4. Performs shift checks on ambulances and equipment when assigned to do so
5. Completes EVOC training course
6. Makes consistently sound decisions, effectively synthesizing logical reasoning based on objective data with emotional reasoning based upon subjective experiences of all parties involved.
7. Sets an example to other employees of skillful professional conduct. Utilizes effective interpersonal relations and communication skills while interacting with hospital personnel, patients, and families.
8. Work collaboratively with other Emergency Responder agencies for effective scene mitigation and management
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures governing Emergency Medical Services operations
2. Knowledge of current policies and procedures of SLEMS
3. Ability to operate various types of medical equipment and medications
4. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
5. Ability to perform public relations and public speaking in a professional manner
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality
7. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
8. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
9. Ability to work with, lead and supervise others
10. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
11. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
12. Ability to maintain a driver’s license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary
13. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
14. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments
15. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
16. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Stephanie Raver - HR Business Partner
Kemmerer, WY 83101