Full-Time RN $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS $5,000 RELOCATION STIPEND
$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS AND $5,000 RELOCATION STIPEND!
Pay is based upon experience. Beginning wage is $28.00 per hour.
The RN with the Acute Care department provides quality nursing care to assigned patients to ensure that the patient’s physical and psycho-social needs are met. The RN also ensures that the patients care is documented and that their families are well informed of the patient’s status.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
• Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Must possess job-related experience.
• New Grads will be considered.
• Must possess a current Wyoming license as a Registered Nurse.
• Must be certified or able to certify in BLS, PALS, NRP, ACLS/ALS.
• Must possess the ability to function in a team environment.
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, and physicians.
• Must have patience, tact, and a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult situations.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Embraces change and able to handle multiple demands at one time.
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
7. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
8. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
9. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
10. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
11. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
12. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
13. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Provides direction to para and non-professional personnel to perform their duties in accordance with their level of expertise.
2. Has major responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating quality patient care which is consistent with the established hospital and nursing service policies and procedures.
3. Is responsible for teaching patients and others. Also facilitates education of other health team members.
4. Responsible for initiating, developing, and coordinating a discharge plan with assigned patients in collaboration with the physician and other clinical providers.
5. Coordinates the individual patient care regimen with other members of the health care team and works in a collegial relationship with physicians in carrying out their delegated medical and nursing care plans. Alternative or changes in medical regimen are discussed with the physicians based on nursing observations.
6. Responsible for maintaining the dignity and confidentiality of the patient and serves as a patient advocate at all times.
7. Is responsible for maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of nursing trends and new developments in the healthcare field in order to promote optimal standards of nursing care.
8. Utilizes effective human relation and communication skills in interfacing with hospital personnel, patients, and others.
9. Takes positive actions to resolve patient/family issues and promotes positive hospital-patient/family relationships.
10. Is responsible for making independent nursing decisions relating to patient care.
11. Is responsible to work in each nursing area of the hospital – Med Surg, ER, PACU, if asked to do so and after appropriate orientation.
12. Performs Charge Nurse duties appropriately when assigned
13. Performs other duties as assigned
14. Accountable for quality patient care through completion and documentation of assessments, care planning, interventions, evaluations, patient teaching, discharge planning, and safe practices in compliance with hospital and nursing standards.
a. Assesses and documents assigned patients’ condition
b. Completes admission assessment and reviews patient history
c. Develops/updates patient care plans
d. Documents patient care
e. Initiates and updates patient discharge plan
f. Documents patient teachings
g. Performs patient care procedures and intervenes for patient safety
15. Provides for quality of nursing service by maintaining a safe patient environment through professional conduct and practices, compliance with policies and procedures, and participation in an ongoing review of QA processes and monitors.
a. Administers medications/IVs in a safe manner
b. Develops and supports a safe patient environment
c. Maintains training in the use of equipment for patient care
d. Reviews and properly processes orders
e. Performs appropriately in crisis situations
f. Participates in QA program
16. Accountable for cost-effective patient care through monitoring the use of personnel, time supplies, and equipment
a. Attends work in a punctual and dependable manner
b. Manages time and uses supplies based on patient needs and medical/nursing plans of care.
c. Assures that charges are accounted for and are recorded to the patient billing system.
17. Accountable for coordinating patient care activities with patient, colleagues, other hospital personnel, and physicians.
18. Accountable for maintaining patient confidentiality.
a. Communicates effectively with patients and others
b. Understands patient rights and complies with confidentiality policies
c. Functions competently under stress
d. Communicates and solves problems with coworkers, physicians, and other hospital employees.
e. Demonstrates appropriate problem-solving ability and support of hospital philosophy and policies.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures governing nursing practices.
2. Ability to utilize various office equipment
3. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality
5. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
6. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
7. Ability to work with, lead and supervise others
8. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
9. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
10. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLHD departments
11. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
12. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
13. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Position Type : Full Time
Stephanie Raver - HR Business Partner
Kemmerer, WY 83101