OR Nurse Supervisor $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS & $5,000 RELOCATION STIPEND
$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS AND $5,000 RELOCATION STIPEND!
The OR Nurse Supervisor role is responsible for the leadership and oversight of the surgery department (South Lincoln Hospital District) staff and includes oversight all of the nursing care provided for the patients and coordinating care with the providers. OR Nurse supervisor is responsible for all of the auditing and tracking of quality assurance and improvement plans in the Operating Room along with identifying potential problems and providing potential solutions. The OR Nurse Supervisor is responsible for exercising strong leadership through recruiting, retaining, and engaging staff to create a culture of high performance, patient safety, quality care, and customer service. This position provides supervisory and clinical support to patients and staff. Uses depth and breadth of clinical management knowledge to ensure the provision of high quality, safe, and cost-effective patient care. Demonstrates clinical expertise and oversees the leadership of clinical, financial, and personnel management of the assigned areas.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
• Wyoming Registered Nurse License in good standings with the state.
• Preference will be given to candidates with current OR experience demonstrated within 2 years.
• Preference will be given to candidates with BSN or must possess their BSN within 1 year from hire date.
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Standards of Behavior
1. Demonstrates a commitment to living the SLHD standards of behavior through exemplifying in action, a commitment to the values of SLHD, namely:
2. Innovation – continually seeking the latest advances in cost effective healthcare and customer service.
3. Compassion – concern for the individual, empathy for the situation, action to provide service
4. Integrity – doing the right thing; always.
5. Community – supporting, giving and acting to improve where we live, serve, and work.
6. Passion for Healthcare – fervently, avidly, and zealously seeking the improvement of human health
7. Displays this commitment to the standards of behavior through actions and words, by demonstrating the following behavior traits:
8. Adaptability – Responding resourcefully to changes indirection, priorities, schedules, approaches and responsibilities for the good of everyone. Maintaining a positive attitude when faced with a difficult or challenging situation and providing an uplifting and realistic outlook on the opportunities the future may present.
9. Communication – Listening attentively and seeking clarification, being friendly in words and actions, responding to others in a timely manner to ensure satisfaction, comfort and quality care. Utilizing AIDET and the promise to explain the experience the patient can expect, and communicate how the patient will receive excellent and timely care.
10. Professional Conduct and Attitude- Keeping personal conversations to an appropriate volume for the area I am working in, treating everyone in a courteous manner – rudeness is never acceptable, addressing conflict with others privately and respectfully and utilizing the appropriate chain of command. Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching, keeping frustration separate from patent care and professional activities, and recognize that patients are not an interruption, they are our reason for being here.
11. Commitment to Team Members/Patients – Assist patients in finding their destinations, walking with them when possible, interacting constructively with team members and supporting a blame free environment, recognizing there is no place for “it’s not my job”, finding the right person to support a patient or coworker if I am unable to support or help them. I will not spread negativity, being positive starts with me.
12. Personal and Career Development – Demonstrating a curiosity toward learning and practicing self-development. Supporting co-workers by sharing knowledge, expertise and encouragement to help them be successful in their role. Finding ways to improve the quality of my work even when things are going well. Seeking creative solutions to problems and encouraging creativity in others.
13. Sense of Ownership – Admitting and correcting mistakes, taking personal responsibility to help the organization to succeed. Ensuring cleanliness by maintaining a clutter free environment. Refraining from behavior or conversations that undermine the confidence of the community in our facility. Utilizing resources effectively and maintaining financial responsibility.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
14. Ensure that Local, State, and Federal requirements related to patient care activities are adhered too.
15. Ensure that customer service (both internal and external) is a top priority.
16. Ensure that quality of care is consistently the top priority of all nursing staff.
17. Create a working environment that builds trust with staff, leadership, patients, and our community.
18. Create monthly schedule for nursing staff and assist with providing shift coverage as needed.
19. Lead day-to-day operating room/nursing activities.
20. Manages and develops the operational and capital budgets and use of associated resources.
21. Supervises and coordinates activities of staff and physicians in the operating room.
22. Supervises the procurement and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
23. Leads change by developing, implementing and evaluating quality and process improvement initiatives of the department in conjunction with OR team.
24. Seeks and utilizes input from staff and oversees change implementation. Ensures compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies.
25. Oversee pre and post operative procedures.
26. Provide nursing staff support as needed.
27. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of SLMC with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our mission, vision and values.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of operations of OR/PACU/Central Sterile as normally demonstrated through two years of experience relevant to surgical services area.
2. Demonstrate skills and knowledge of OR/PACU/Central Sterile and all other surgical services area.
3. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision- making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes.
4. Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements.
5. Knowledge of accounting and finance best practices and programs which enhance the financial success of the department.
6. Knowledge of financial/revenue cycle reporting and key performance indicators for measuring and benchmarking performance
7. Ability to operation various office equipment
8. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
9. Ability to perform public relations and public speaking in a professional manner
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality
11. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
12. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
13. Ability to work with, lead and supervise others
14. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
15. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
16. Ability to maintain a driver’s license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary
17. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
18. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments
19. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
20. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
21. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Hospital District will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Position Type : Full Time
Korinne Costello - HR Benefit & Education Coordinator