Need a doctor?
When you are feeling "under the weather"...
We are concerned with restoring, promoting, and maintaining your health
One of our highly qualified physicians can help!
Click Here to fill out our official online application.
Retail Pharmacy Tech in Training-Uinta Drug Pharmacy
The pharmacy technician will be working under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist-In-Charge and will be responsible for assisting with stocking and maintaining the pharmacy inventory. Assists the pharmacist in the filling of physician and patient orders. Responsible for handling customer transactions and verifying the accuracy of patient information.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
â�¢ Pharmacy Technician certification or willingness and ability to obtain such within one year of employment
â�¢ High School diploma or equivalent
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
â�¢ Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
â�¢ Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
â�¢ Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
â�¢ Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
â�¢ Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
â�¢ Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
â�¢ Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
â�¢ Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
â�¢ Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
â�¢ Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
â�¢ Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
â�¢ Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
â�¢ Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
â�¢ Assist the pharmacist in the filling of physician orders.
â�¢ Assists in inventory control and pharmacy purchases.
â�¢ Input of patient information.
â�¢ Checks all inventory for outdate medication.
â�¢ Performs monthly medication inventory area inspection.
â�¢ Any task within the area of expertise and certification that is necessary for the efficient operation of the pharmacy department and South Lincoln Hospital District.
â�¢ Run errands outside of pharmacy independently
â�¢ Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment by assessing and maintaining equipment, stock supplies, and general appearance of the department.
â�¢ Actively participates in hospital committees as assigned.
â�¢ Maintains confidentiality of patients and staff, professional appearance and excellent customer service skills.
â�¢ Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures governing retail pharmacy.
2. Knowledge of general retail pharmacy principles and ability to enact such on the job.
3. Ability to perform mathematical calculations involving metric and other standard units.
4. Ability to operate various office equipment.
5. Ability to be comfortable and responsible with handling narcotic medications.
6. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail.
7. Ability to exhibit punctuality.
8. Ability to perform public relations and public speaking in a professional manner.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
10. Ability to read, write legibly, and calculate mathematical figures.
11. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
12. Ability to work with, lead, and supervise others.
13. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility.
14. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately.
15. Ability to maintain a driverâ��s license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary.
16. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions.
17. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLHD departments.
18. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively.
19. Ability to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence.
20. Ability to work up to 40 hours per week if needed (9 AM- 7 PM shifts).
21. Ability to work occasional Saturdays (generally rotate every third Saturday).
22. Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships and communication to include excellent telephone skills.
23. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Position Type : Part Time
Megan Neal - HR Manager
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101