As Needed/Part Time Houskeeping/Laundry - Housekeeping
On an as needed basis, performs all duties relating to hospital/clinic/nursing center laundry services. Uses OSHA required procedures. May be required to perform duties as housekeeper if needed.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent preferred. On-the-job training available.
Extensive standing and walking, pushing and pulling of heavy equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, kneeling and crouching. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Subject to injury from moving parts of equipment and falls from ladders if proper safety is not observed.
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
7. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
8. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
9. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
10. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
11. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
12. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
13. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Use specified cleaning/disinfecting/sanitizing agents. Follow specific procedures, work patterns and routines.
2. Floors: Sweep, dry/wet mop, scrub, wax (or remove), buff, sanitize/disinfect.
3. Carpeting/rugs: Vacuum, shampoo or launder.
4. Walls, windows, doors, ceilings: Spot clean surface between washings, wash and sanitize as scheduled.
5. Fixtures, furnishings, furniture: Dust, damp wipe, spot clean, wash, sanitize/disinfect, polish.
6. Clean/sanitize shelves, ledges, vents, woodwork, window frames.
7. Empty, clean, reline waste baskets and empty and clean ash trays.
8. Straighten and rearrange furniture as needed. Clean light fixtures.
9. Waste and solid linens: Remove waste and soiled linens from work area. Handle carefully. Place in specified bags or containers. Take waste and trash to incinerator or place for pickup.
10. Horizontal surfaces: Remove dust, dirt, greasy film, wash if necessary and sanitize daily in patient rooms and patient care areas.
11. Utility rooms, closets, etc.: Clean floors, ceilings, furnishings, fixtures, etc.
12. Notify supervisor when supplies are low, mechanical failures, or negative conditions are observed in assigned area.
13. Rinse mop heads, clean equipment used in performance of duties and store it properly.
14. Maintain established department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
15. Utilizes excellent human relations and communication skills in interfacing with hospital personnel, patients, and families.
16. Laundry department: Engage in daily wash schedules as required and perform duties as assigned by supervisor.
17. Attend in-service and other required meetings.
18. Perform other duties as directed.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures governing accounting, medical billing and financial recordkeeping.
2. Knowledge of general accounting principles and ability to produce, read and analyze financial reports
3. Knowledge of accounting and finance best practices and programs which enhance the financial success of the organization
4. Knowledge of financial/revenue cycle reporting and key performance indicators for measuring and benchmarking performance
5. Ability to operation various office equipment
6. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
7. Ability to perform public relations and public speaking in a professional manner
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality
9. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
10. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
11. Ability to work with, lead and supervise others
12. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
13. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
14. Ability to maintain a driverÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary
15. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
16. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments
17. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
18. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
19. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Position Type : Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Shift : Other
Megan Neal - HR Manager
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101