Need a doctor?
When you are feeling "under the weather"...
We are concerned with restoring, promoting, and maintaining your health
One of our highly qualified physicians can help!
Click Here to fill out our official online application.
Medical Records Clerk - Medical Records
The medical records clerk transcribes dictated reports from healthcare providers for inclusion in medical records in the appropriate format. Patient Access Representative "back-up" in different office settings. Process medical record requests both internally and from other providers and companies in a timely and compliant manner. Processes medical record paper charts and files documents in appropriate areas.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
• High school diploma
• Typing/computer experience: 60 WPM required
• Medical terminology experience (preferred)
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
1. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
2. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
3. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
4. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
5. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
6. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
7. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Work accurately and efficiently in a fast paced environment utilizing computer/typing skills daily.
2. Translate medical jargon and abbreviations into proper form.
3. Organize, prioritize, distribute and track documentation.
4. Answer phones, schedule appointments and other office reception duties when required.
5. Operate office equipment.
6. Utilize understanding of HIPAA requirements when processing medical record requests.
7. Duplicates medical records, documents, forms and correspondence correctly when records requests are received.
8. Responsible for mailing and faxing copies of medical documents and reports to other physicians and patients.
9. Work well with others throughout the facility.
10. Performs other clerical duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures governing accounting, medical billing and financial recordkeeping.
2. Knowledge of general accounting principles and ability to produce, read and analyze financial reports
3. Knowledge of accounting and finance best practices and programs which enhance the financial success of the organization
4. Knowledge of financial/revenue cycle reporting and key performance indicators for measuring and benchmarking performance
5. Ability to operation various office equipment
6. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
7. Ability to perform public relations and public speaking in a professional manner
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality
9. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
10. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
11. Ability to work with, lead and supervise others
12. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
13. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
14. Ability to maintain a driver's license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary
15. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
16. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments
17. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
18. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
19. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101