Medical Assistant (MA) - Clinic
Assist the provider(s) with patient examination and treatment. Responsible for patient histories, routine lab procedures, collection and preparation of lab specimens for transfer to lab, and patient education. Respond to patient medical inquiries as directed by provider(s).
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
• Graduate of Medical Assisting program.
• Previous clinical experience desired. Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology required.
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
1. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
2. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
3. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
4. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
5. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
6. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
7. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Maintain general appearance, cleanliness, inventory, and organization of exam rooms.
2. Prepare instruments for sterilization and maintain diagnostic equipment.
3. Prepare and replenish supplies. Maintain inventory. Order supplies as permitted by Clinic Supervisor. Secure authorization for ordering selected supplies as identified by the Clinic Director.
4. Prepare patients for examination.
5. Take patient histories, height, weight and temperature, blood pressure, and pulse.
6. Administer medications and injections and medical treatment under the provider(s) supervision.
7. Assist in collection of specimens and completion of laboratory tests. Prepare and transfer specimens to laboratory services as directed by provider(s).
8. Instruct patients regarding preparation for tests and hospital procedures. Conduct patient education as directed by provider(s).
9. Record and maintain laboratory, X-ray and EKG data on patient charts.
10. Receive and organize medication samples.
11. Properly dispose of contaminated and disposable items. Dispose of hazardous waste materials per hospital and clinic policies and current proper procedures.
12. Assists in the proper scheduling and registration of patients, as well as the collection of copays and the maintenance of patient medical records.
13. Perform other tasks as requested by the Clinic Supervisor and medical provider(s).
14. Communicate medical treatment, pharmaceutical, and related information to patients and respective health care providers as directed by provider(s).
15. Observe absolute confidence in regard to patient records and information.
16. BLS certified.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures governing accounting, medical billing and financial recordkeeping.
2. Knowledge of general accounting principles and ability to produce, read and analyze financial reports
3. Knowledge of accounting and finance best practices and programs which enhance the financial success of the organization
4. Knowledge of financial/revenue cycle reporting and key performance indicators for measuring and benchmarking performance
5. Ability to operation various office equipment
6. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
7. Ability to perform public relations and public speaking in a professional manner
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality
9. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
10. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
11. Ability to work with, lead and supervise others
12. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
13. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
14. Ability to maintain a driver's license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary
15. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
16. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments
17. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
18. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
19. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101