Physical Therapist - Physical Therapy
Provides and directs Physical Therapy services to patients, including assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation, related documentation, and communication, within the scope of practice, training, certification and/or credentialing of a Physical Therapist. Functions under physicians' orders.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
• Successful completion of National Certification Examination for Registered Physical Therapist.
• Current state licensure or license eligible.
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
1. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
2. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
3. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
4. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
5. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
6. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
7. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Provides Physical Therapy services to patients and initiates referrals when appropriate and in accordance with Physical Therapy Department procedures.
2. Conducts screenings of patients at regular intervals to determine need for intervention/treatment.
3. Evaluates patients to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as indicated.
4. Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to patients, family, and other team members.
5. Establishes individual patient schedules in conjunction with other team members.
6. Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list, including short and long term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
7. Coordinates treatment plan with patient, family, and other team members.
8. Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in treatment plan.
9. Monitors patient's response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician orders.
10. Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in their own environment.
11. Documents results of patient's assessment, treatment, follow-up, and termination of services.
12. Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices, orthotics or prosthetics. Trains patient, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of the above.
13. Participates in discharge planning.
14. Supervises and directs LPTA's in the implementation of the treatment plan.
15. Supervises Physical Therapy Aides and Rehabilitation Aides.
16. Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and of individual physical therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria.
17. Participates in patient, family and staff education.
18. Confers formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the patient.
19. Adheres to Physical Therapy Department procedures regarding documentation of Physical Therapy services.
20. Attends in-service meetings and facility meetings as required. Actively participates in facility Quality program.
21. Provides in-service education to the members of the patient's care team and education to the community.
22. Records billable treatment times according to Physical Therapy Department procedures and submits weekly/monthly statistics.
23. Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, department procedures and productivity standards.
24. Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to facility/company safety standards.
25. Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
26. Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning implementation and follow-up of patient therapy programs.
27. Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers, patients, family members and facility personnel. Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
28. Reports to work on time and coordinates schedule to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift.
29. Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
30. Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures governing physical therapy best practices, billing practices, and clinical treatment methodologies
2. Knowledge, training and ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
3. Skills in performance of mechanical manipulation, massage, initiation of electro-stimulation, exercise, stretching and strength conditioning therapies
4. Skills in evaluating patient abilities and tailoring treatments to progress patients to improved mobility and/or reduce pain, based on provider orders or patient therapy goals
5. Ability to operation various office equipment
6. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
7. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
8. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
9. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
10. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
11. Ability to maintain a driver's license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary
12. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
13. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
14. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Nick England - HR Manager
South Lincoln Medical Center
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101
Phone: 307-877-4401 ext. 3198