CNA - Acute Care
To provide direct patient care under the supervision of an RN or LPN. To perform or assist patients with ADLs. To provide assistance to families and visitors. To keep equipment, supplies, and resources clean and available for patient care. To assist in maintaining and upgrading quality patient care at SLMC.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
• High school education or equivalent.
• Current, valid Wyoming CNA license. CPR/BLS certification
• Lifting, moving patients, supplies, and equipment as directed/required.
• Demonstrates good interpersonal and communications skills. Accurate and precise with writing and spelling skills.
• Computer experience is preferred.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Admit residents to a room, i.e. orient to equipment and room, assist resident to undress, etc.
2. Perform bed baths, tub baths, showers, and skin care, as well as HS skin care.
3. Understand traction setup and use.
4. Able to fill out admission work for ER and inpatients. Perform some clerical duties, such as answering the telephone.
5. Phone doctors, lab, and radiology and give explicit, pertinent information. (Cannot accept verbal orders from a physician/provider)
6. Take and record BP, temp, pulse, and respirations accurately. Must not chart directly in patient chart. May only chart in graphics section of the chart. Understand schedule book and policies related to requests, scheduling, etc.
7. Change linen on a bed with resident in it or out of it.
8. Perform light housekeeping chores so that resident rooms are clean and comfortable. Ensure residents have fresh water every shift as applicable.
9. Use equipment such as oxygen, radios, phones, and beepers appropriately. Utilize supplies and equipment in a cost-effective manner. Restock supplies as needed. Reports malfunctioning of defective equipment and supplies to supervisor.
10. Able to move residents by stretcher, wheelchair, and ambulation in a safe manner. Able to position residents with proper body alignment.
11. May NOT give medications
12. Able to correctly obtain and label specimens and take them to the lab.
13. Assist in code - CPR, scribe, move equipment, obtain equipment, etc. Know where the crash cart is and how to move it.
14. Accountable to the charge nurse and to know the proper chain of command. Actively participates in nursing care plan. Consults with and keeps charge nurse informed of resident activities, needs, and problems. Is observant of any physical and mental status changes of residents and reports them to the charge nurse.
15. Able to prioritize work and to maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work area.
16. Dress in appropriate and acceptable nursing attire.
17. Follow established hospital policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety standards, environmental standards, and infection control practices. Understand and practice proper care for isolation patients.
18. Cooperate with other personnel to achieve objectives and maintain good employee and interdepartmental relations.
19. Attend regular meetings, in-services, and educational programs.
20. Perform other duties as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Nick England - HR Manager
South Lincoln Medical Center
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101
Phone: 307-877-4401 ext. 3198